Summer is just around the corner, bringing beach days, pool parties, and other outdoor activities. You may look into various weight-loss methods if you’re trying to slim down for the season. But what if, indeed, there was a way to freeze your fat away? Fat freezing or cryolipolysis is a non-invasive method that helps reduce stubborn fat without suffering through extreme dieting and exercise.
If you’re considering getting treatment for fat freezing in Sydney, you might want to know about the statistics first.
- In Sydney, the average fat-freezing cost is $1,500.
- In Sydney, the average number of sessions required is 3-4.
- The average reduction in fat after each session is 20%.
- In Sydney, the average total fat reduction after four sessions is 50-60%.
- No downtime is required after each session – you can immediately resume your normal activities.
- Results are permanent – as long as you maintain a healthy lifestyle, the fat cells will not return.
What is this procedure?
A treatment gel pad and applicator are placed on the skin during treatment. The applicator delivers controlled cooling to the target area for a specific period. This process damages the fat cells, causing them to die. Over time, these dead fat cells are naturally processed and eliminated from the body, resulting in a slimmer appearance. This treatment can treat areas such as the abdomen, thighs, arms, and chin.
How does fat freezing work?
The common treatment areas of fat freezing in Sydney include the abdomen, love handles/flanks, thighs (inner and outer), arms, and back/bra lines. Fat cells are more susceptible to cold temperatures than skin cells. That’s why the area around the bruise becomes cold when you apply an ice pack to a bruise. The exact process happens when the treatment gel is applied to the skin.
During the process, a gel is kept at a temperature of -4°C and is applied for 30-60 minutes. During this time, the fat cells will slowly freeze while the skin remains unharmed. Once the cells are frozen, they die and are broken down by the body over the next few weeks or months.
How to prepare for your treatment
- Make sure to drink plenty of water leading up to the treatment. This will actively help to hydrate your skin and improve circulation.
- Avoid any strenuous activity or excessive sun exposure before the treatment. This can cause inflammation and could make the treatment less effective.
- Eat a healthy diet and avoid overeating before the treatment. Consuming too much fat content can make it harder for the body to process and break down fat cells.
What to expect after your treatment
Most people report feeling a “cold” sensation during the treatment. This is indeed normal and should subside within a few minutes. Following the procedure, you may experience temporary redness, swelling, bruising, and numbness in the treated area. These side effects are usually mild and resolve within a week or two. Results are not immediate, but you should start to see a reduction in the treated area after about four weeks. The full results of your treatment will be visible after three months.
This treatment is an effective and safe way to slim down for summer. It reduces stubborn fat, and it also helps to achieve long-lasting results with little downtime. You can maintain your newly acquired figure for many years with proper diet and exercise. If you want a non-invasive way of achieving your desired body shape, speak with a professional about the treatment today!